Both at home and abroad, EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Programs (HAP), focuses its efforts on building the capacity of underserved communities to secure effective trauma treatment through proper training and developing local Trauma Response Networks (TRNs). Our continuous efforts have positively impacted the lives of many, enabling them to move forward with their lives and be free of the trauma they experienced.
To increase the capacity for effective treatment of psychological trauma in underserved communities anywhere in the world. Today that mission is reflected in:
- Hundreds of low-cost training workshops
- Educational outreach and training
- Preparation of clinicians for our Trauma Recovery Network
- Focused international projects to establish sustainable EMDR
- Treatment capability in developing countries
- Collaboration with researchers to share knowledge and findings worldwide