Answers to Volunteer Questions

I volunteered at a Trauma Recovery/HAP training. Why am I not listed in the consultant directory?

To be listed in the consultant directory you must create or log in to your volunteer account, and apply under the “Consultant Activity” section.

Who can register as a consultant on the Trauma Recovery/HAP Consultation Directory?

In order to be a Trauma Recovery/HAP Consultant listed in our online directory, you must be an EMDRIA approved consultant (or a consultant in training who has completed at least 10 of the 20 required hours of consultation of-consultation, and 12 hours of EMDRIA credits towards Consultant status).

If you are interested in joining us in this work, please complete the Consultant Application here and send it in with:

  • Proof of $1/$3 million malpractice insurance current coverage (for U.S. applicants)
  • Proof of current license or certification (or proof of highest clinical degree earned if your country does not require a license/certification)
  • A current resume
  • A letter from your consultant (if you are a consultant in-training)

In addition to these qualifications, we want our consultants to be familiar with the current Trauma Recovery/HAP training model, which uses the Institute manual. If you have participated in an Institute or Trauma Recovery/HAP training (preferably a Part I) since 2007, we can activate you in the directory. If not, we will arrange for you to sit-in on a Trauma Recovery/HAP training before we activate your listing.

Once your credentials have been reviewed by the Volunteer Coordinator, we will activate your listing in our online Consultant Directory, and Trauma Recovery/HAP trainees can now seek you out for consultation, and contact you directly to arrange the fees and schedule.

Click here for more information about registering for the Trauma Recovery/HAP Consultant Directory