Trauma Recovery, EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Programs (Trauma Recovery/HAP) is increasing the use of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapies to treat trauma victims worldwide by expanding access to EMDR trained professionals.
Trauma Recovery/ HAP trains and supports mental health professionals through SAMHSA approved EMDR and specialty workshops and the formation of active, community-based networks of trauma recovery professionals, or Trauma Recovery Networks (TRNs).
Our continuous efforts have positively impacted the lives of many victims, enabling them to move forward with their lives and be free of the trauma they experienced.
To increase the capacity for effective treatment of psychological trauma in under-served communities anywhere in the world. Today that mission is reflected in:
- Hundreds of low-cost training workshops, and expanding online curriculum
- Educational outreach and training
- Preparation of clinicians and online infrastructure for local Trauma Recovery Networks
- Focused international projects to establish sustainable EMDR
- Treatment capability in developing countries
- Collaboration with researchers to share knowledge and findings worldwide
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Trauma Recovery/HAP, we believe a diverse, inclusive and equitable organization is one where all employees, volunteers and members u2014 regardless of gender, race, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, veteran status or other dimension of diversity u2014 feel valued and respected.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity for employment, participation, and advancement in all aspects of our work. We strongly believe our diversity is an asset to our organizationu2019s innovation and success.