Virtual EMDR Part II Registration
Welcome to the Trauma Recovery/HAP Registration Process. The registration process will take you approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
If you are registering multiple participants, you must register each participant one at a time. This system does not support simultaneous registrations through multiple browser windows.
|Dates||12/03/2021 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM|
12/04/2021 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
12/05/2021 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
|Location||Virtual, Central Time|
EMDRIA requirement - Time Frame for Completion of an EMDRIA Approved EMDR Training
Beginning June 1, 2020 participants who begin the EMDR Basic Training on a virtual platform must complete the entire training (this includes Part 1, Part 2, and ALL 10 hours of Required Consultation) within 12 months from their initial start date.
TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THIS TRAINING, YOU MUST ATTEND ALL THREE DAYS, YOU CANNOT MISS, OR BE LATE, FOR ANY PART OF THE TRAINING.
This training will be a virtual training, on the Zoom platform. You will need the following information to attend/complete a zoom on-line virtual training:
- You must have a zoom account that is 5.0 or greater. The first/last name and e-mail address you used when you created your zoom account needs to be the same exact information you use to register for the training on Trauma Recovery/HAPs website.
- Internet connections – broadband wired or wireless, a webcam – built-in or USB plug in. This session is best experienced if you are on a computer. If you are using a phone, make sure you have downloaded the Zoom Mobile App. You will not be able to participate fully without it.
- Training Manual – During registration you will be asked to provide your mailing address. Please use an address where we can ship (FedEx) your training manual. You will receive an e-mail (with a tracking number) once the manual has been shipped so you can track when it will arrive to your address. You will need your manual for all three days of the training.
- If you happen to lose internet service during the training, please reset your modem and go back to the invitation on your zoom account and rejoin. Trauma Recovery/HAP is not responsible for the reliability of your internet connection. You must attend all three days of the training in full to receive credit.
Grievances are only accepted in writing and will be handled within ten business days. For ADA assistance, please contact the Trauma Recovery/HAP office, (203)288-4450.
EMDR Basic Training is available to clinicians who work for a non-profit or public sector organizations in a clinical mental health capacity. Clinicians working with underserved communities or those affected by the Covid-19 pandemic are eligible to complete their training through Trauma Recovery/HAP.
EMDR training is also available to full time students enrolled in a Masters or Doctorate level program in the mental health field (Social Work, Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Nursing ---- first year students are not eligible). During registration, students are asked for the name and email address of their supervisor. The supervisor will receive an email request from Trauma Recovery/HAP to approve participation, prior to admission to the training.
All participants in the Training must be licensed or on a licensing track.
Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- Qualifying medical doctors must be licensed to practice in their state or province.
- Qualifying advanced practice registered nurses must have a Master of Science in Nursing (or higher) with a specialization in psychiatric mental health nursing and must be licensed to practice through their state board or province.
- Qualifying Mental Health Clinicians must have a master’s degree in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Social Work) or related mental health discipline and be licensed to practice through their state board or province.
Pre-Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- These are clinicians who are actively pursuing a mental health license through their state board (or province) while working under a licensed supervisor. Some of these license types include associate, intern, limited, provisional, temporary and pre-license.
- Qualifying pre-licensed mental health clinicians must have a master’s degree in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Social Work) or related mental health discipline and must be actively pursuing a full license through their state board (or province) while working under a licensed supervisor. During registration, pre-licensed clinicians are asked for the name and email address of their supervisor. The supervisor will receive an email request from Trauma Recovery/HAP to approve participation, prior to admission to the training.
- Qualifying graduate students must be enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Nursing, Social Work) or related mental health discipline. Students must have completed their core graduate academic coursework and must be in the practicum/internship portion of their graduate program. First year graduate students are not eligible. Graduate students must be on a licensing track and working under the supervision of a fully licensed mental health clinician. During registration, students are asked for the name and email address of their supervisor. The supervisor will receive an email request from Trauma Recovery/HAP to approve participation, prior to admission to the training.
Prior to your training, it is required that you review chapters 2-8 and read chapters 9, 10 and 11 of Francine Shapiro's book: "Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures, 3rd Edition". The book is available at any major online bookstore. All other Trauma Recovery/HAP resources are available through the Trauma Recovery/HAP site: http://www.emdrhap.org/content/resource-center/
Prior to registering for EMDR Basic Training Part II, Trauma Recovery/HAP requires completion of a Trauma Recovery/HAP or EMDR Institute EMDR Basic Training Part I and a recommended (not mandatory) minimum of 4 - 6 hours of consultation. You should allow at least 8 weeks between your EMDR Part 1 and your EMDR Part 2 trainings. This allows you to work on the skills you learned in Part 1, obtain consultation hours and complete the required readings, to better prepare you for the Part 2 training.
To obtain the EMDR therapy Basic Training Record of Completion you must attend EMDR Part 1 and EMDR Part 2 in full AND complete a total of 10 consultation hours with one of the consultants on the Trauma Recovery/HAP Consultant Directory. All members of the training team are EMDRIA Approved Consultants on the Trauma Recovery/HAP Consultant Directory and consultation can be arranged with them during your training. Training fees do not include case consultation. Consultation fees are paid directly to your consultant. You can find our Trauma Recovery/HAP Consultant Directory here: https://www.emdrhap.org/content/events/consultant-directory/
For questions about EMDRIA Certification in EMDR, please contact EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) or visit their website at www.emdria.org directly.
Participants will need to check with their agency administrator regarding their CEs.
For a list of National CE approvals, please click here
All cancellations must be in writing, by email, fax or letter.
Cancellation 14 Business Days (11/15/2021) Prior to Event Start Date:
Refund of basic training fee, less a $45 administrative fee, upon receipt of a written cancellation postmarked no later than 14 days prior to the Event's advertised start date (via letter, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or FAX 203-288-4060.
Cancellation between 11/15/2021 and the 4th Business Day Prior to Event Start Date:
50% refund of basic training fee, upon receipt of a written cancellation postmarked no later than 4 days prior to the Event's advertised start date (via letter, email (email@example.com), or FAX 203-288-4060.
Cancellation Within 72 Hours of Event Start Date:
No refund for cancellations within 72 hours (3 days) of the Event's advertised start date.